First community bonus through the Mallee Sun Solar Bulk Buy: A free 5.94kW solar power system – fully funded
Deadline for applications: 18 December 2019
Read the news release here.
How to apply
State in your application how your organisation meets each of the eligibility criteria.
The applicant must:
- be either a not-for-profit community group (and main user of the building that the solar PV system would be installed on), a not-for-profit childcare centre or social housing.
- be in the Rural City of Swan Hill
- have a roof that is suitable for solar (Note: this will be assessed by our solar supplier and include assessment of shading, structural strength, rooftop orientation etc ideal for maximum solar generation).
- have the written permission of the building owner (if the applicant does not own the building for the solar PV system and supply this with the application.
- be happy to participate in PR for this installation including a media release and photo of the installation with members of the applicants’ organisation in the picture.
- be prepared to nominate a person within its organisation to liaise with Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance (CVGA) in all matters regarding its application and, should the application be shortlisted, for assessing the building in terms of suitability for solar PV.
2. Other selection criteria
In your application, state your response to each of the points below:
- Provide property address (street address & postal address, if different), name and position of contact person, telephone, email.
- Provide ABN or equivalent of organisation.
- State whether the building is in a heritage overlay area or not.
- State whether the building is heritage listed or not.
- State whether the building already has solar PV system and if so, date when it was installed.
- Provide a scanned copy of the most recent electricity bill (all pages). Note bill MUST be paid by the community group, childcare centre, or social housing tenants/co-op.
- State the average number of days per week that the building is used by the community and the number of daytime hours that the building is used by the community on average each week.
- State the number of people that the community group/school supports within this building each week, on average throughout the year.
- State a specific much-needed project to channel the first year savings arising from lower electricity bills that will directly benefit the people/groups serviced by the applicant organisation.
- State whether or not the applicant organisation would be willing to contribute $1,000 or more towards the solar PV installation in order to increase the size of the system from 5.94kW. (Note: this is optional and if your organisation does not want to contribute funds, this will not have a negative impact on your application).
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is 18 December 2019 at 5pm. Applications (answering both eligibility and selection criteria) to be emailed to email@example.com.
The outcome of the selection process – including the name of the successful organisation – will be communicated to all applicants by end of February 2020 and publicised through a media announcement.
At least one representative from each of the following organisations will be reviewing the applications and selecting the recipient: Swan Hill Rural City Council, Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0455 589 065.
CVGA is the owner and manager of the Mallee Sun Solar Bulk Buy.
Level 1, The Hub, 233 Barker St
Castlemaine Vic 3450
CVGA ABN: 71 256 878 748