Are you concerned about the ever-increasing cost of power? Did you know that the state government is offering grants of up to $250,000 to help farmers purchase equipment that improves energy efficiency and cuts power bills?
The financial benefit to you
With this grant you could, for example, purchase a 100kW solar power system for $50,000, with the other $50,000 paid by the state government grant.(1) This could give you a 3-4 year payback on your $50,000 investment.(2)
- You must be a primary producer based in Victoria.
- You must have an annual power bill of at least $8,000 inc GST (electricity, gas, LPG, diesel) (3)
How does it work?
- The Government will provide a maximum grant of $250,000 (exc GST).
- Grants will be provided on a $1 for $1 cash co-contribution basis.
- Recipients are required to contribute at least 50 per cent of the total cash costs of the project.
- Grants will be provided to eligible farmers who have completed the free energy assessment which is part of the same program.
Find out more
To learn more about the energy assessment and grant program available from Agriculture Victoria, visit the Business Victoria website here.
If you would like to learn more about large-scale solar power systems for farms, as well as related technologies to help manage issues relating to load shifting (i.e. moving electricity consumption from one time period to another), voltage variance etc, please get in touch with the Mallee Sun Solar Bulk Buy team by filling in the form on our website or calling us on 1300 466 274.
About Mallee Sun Solar Bulk Buy
Mallee Sun Solar Bulk Buy is proud to have Swan Hill Rural City Council as a partner. The Bulk Buy is organised by Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance, a not-for-profit organisation that supports councils in central and north western Victoria with projects that help transition our region to a renewable energy future.
(1) Solar PV systems are just one of the possible recommendations that the independent energy assessors from the state government may make for a primary producer.
(2) A thorough assessment of your power usage, based on data including your electricity interval data, will be undertaken by the expert assessor which will identify the savings that your business could make as a result of implementing the energy efficiency solutions recommended by the assessor.
(3) Full eligibility criteria here.