The Steps to ‘Going Solar’ with the Mallee Sun Solar Bulk-Buy
Two ways to register your interest for an obligation-free quote:
- Call 1300 466 274
- Complete the online form here…
- Specialized Solar, the Clean Energy Council Accredited Solar Retailer* appointed to sell and install solar systems for the Mallee Sun Solar Bulk Buy, will contact you by phone within 2 working days to discuss your requirements and provide you with a written quote.
- Specialized Solar can also advise you on the application process for the Solar Homes rebate program here…
If you are interested in going ahead, you pay a 10% deposit to Specialized Solar.
- If you want to apply for the Victorian Government’s Solar Homes Rebate, please advise Specialized Solar. They will then upload your quote to the Solar Victoria Portal, which will trigger the online process for your eligibility assessment.
- Once this is done, you need to upload proof of income and a Rates notice.
- Once it’s confirmed that you are eligible, your retailer will claim the rebate on your behalf and deduct the rebate amount from the total cost of your system.
Specialized Solar will contact you to set up a technical site visit at your property once the rebate has been approved. This is to assess whether there are any additional costs involved. If this is the case, you will be sent a revised quote. Once you have accepted the revised quote, this will be uploaded on the Solar Victoria portal.
- Specialized Solar will apply for permission from the network distributor to connect your solar system to the electricity grid
- This process is usually instant however in some cases the application may be sent for further assessment which can take up to 4 weeks.
- You will be contacted within 24 hours of network approval to schedule your installation.
- Your system is typically installed within 20 days of network approval.
- You need to be home at the beginning and end of the installation.
- The installer* will show you how to use the system and the WiFi monitoring.
- Specialized Solar will provide warranty information and an instruction manual
- Balance of payment is due on day of installation.
- The system will then be tested but not switched on until the independent electrical inspection is completed.
- The independent electrical inspector will be out within 7 days after installation.
- When completed, the inspector will switch your solar system on.
- Within 7 days of the electrical inspection, Specialized Solar will process the paperwork to have your system set up for the solar feed-in tariff and meter reconfiguration. Specialized Solar will copy you in on this paperwork.
- You will then be notified by your electricity retailer when your system is set up for the feed-in tariff. This generally takes up to 30 days.
Please note: your retailer can charge between $50–$150 for costs associated with this re-programming and more if you need a new smart meter.
- Specialized Solar is available between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday to answer any enquiries in relation to your installed solar system.
- You can contact them by phone on 03 8752-7202 or email admin(at)specsolar.com.au
*Note that Specialized Solar works with local Swan Hill based CEC Accredited Solar Installers who work under contract to Specialized Solar to complete the technical site visits and installations for this bulk-buy.